Saturday, April 18, 2015

Dating Your Distraction

Can we all agree that the devil knows what we like? Have you ever been in a relationship that completely changed who you were and by the time you realized it you were at rock bottom? Well that is what the enemy wants! He is out to steal, kill, and destroy (John 10:10) everything that God meant for your good.

When dating, it is important to guard your heart especially if you asked God to give you his heart. God's heart loves all people, but if you cannot carefully discern the intentions of the persons you are interested in dating, then the enemy will play on your mind.

As I have stated before, I told God that the next guy I date I want him to be my husband. Well guess what I did not realize? The devil was listening too. I must admit the signs were there. My guy friends had warned me, even my family. At that time in my life I was a young college student on fire for God. I was doing well in school and had a job. I felt like I was ready and could handle a relationship.

Now the devil knows what type of men I like. Tall, a man in church, athletic, musicians, dreads etc. lol. The last guy I dated was the Pastor's brother but he was nothing like the Pastor lol. It was hard for me to see that he wasn't from God because he was what I had liked. My type! To say the least, we had really good times and really bad times. The relationship ultimately pulled me away from God,

So here are some signs that helped me realize my ex was my distraction:


  • When you start to do unholy/unclean things your partner does (ex. unclean music)
  • When you are comfortable with sacrificing God for your partner
  • If your prayer life has not increased
  • When family and friends have noticed a difference in you
  • When you stop doing what you were doing before you met your partner
  • If you do more arguing then praying and resolving issues
  • When you become afraid to take advice because everyone is saying the same thing
  • When you have not seen a change for better in your partner
Please be careful in choosing your next partner. God will not send you anyone that will distract you from his love! Be patient! There is no rush! Enjoy being friends and let God handle the rest!
Thanks for reading! LIKE COMMENT SHARE :)

No comments:

Post a Comment