Friday, April 17, 2015

Choosing to be Single

04/17/15

I am a 24 year old single female. I have had my fair share of bad or unhealthy relationships and so I decided to take a break from the dating scene at the start of 2014. I have been single for over a year now, and I must say I enjoy the benefits. Don't get me wrong, at times it is not easy but I push through it because I know where I was and where I don't want to end up. See I am a lover. I love hard. It doesn't take long or the "right" person. I have good qualities but my issue was that I would use those qualities on the wrong person.

Just a little bit about my last relation, I was dating the Pastor's brother. I know that can sound funny but hear me out lol. We met in 2011. Prior to me meeting him, I told God that the next man I meet, I want him to be my husband. Long story short. While just getting to know him, he had a baby on me, talked to others girls using KIK or Tagged, and his family (the Pastor and his wife) did not like me. So here I was being faithful, loyal, trustworthy, basically a "ride or die" chick. When I decided to call it quits I was at rock bottom. My GPA in college had dropped, I had no money, and no place to live. I was broken and about to lose my mind.

Thank God for faith! I had cried out to God for the last time about this relationship and I told Him that I didn't want to ever go back. I lost myself and on top of that, I still had to graduate. This is just the surface level of my story. But I said all of that to say that you have to want to be single before you make the choice to be single.

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment