Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Can't Force God in Him

I like to believe that sometimes we can't help who we fall in love with. I'm reminded of the lyrics by Whitney Houston "Everyone falls in love sometimes. Sometimes its wrong and sometimes its right." God gives us the freedom to love. I know for me, I don't always fall for the typical "church boy" but I always meet them in church lol. As a Christian woman I understand the importance of being unequally yoked. Truth is, dating is more spiritual than you think. It is very important to me that the guy I chose to let in my life is or becomes spiritually sound. I have always dated guys that were not on the same level as me spiritually. The mistake I made was trying to force them to get closer with God by making them pray with me, or reading the bible together. God spoke to me concerning my dating habits and he said that it's not my job to bring him closer to me. He reminded of the scripture that says "through love and kindness have I drawn thee." And so I am learning to love and show kindness as my partner continues his walk with God. I also have to make sure my walk is pure and represents God. Who knows? I might be the woman he needs to push him deeper into God but I have to make sure my relationship with God continues to grow. Most Christians will tell you you need a man that can bring you closer to God. In reality God should be bringing you closer to him and you have to want it. Understand your place in a mans life. I guarantee if you allow God to work through your partner and you stay before his throne, God will perform a miracle in his life. Only God can truly change a man. Remember it was God and Adam before Eve was created. I'm learning to be patient and wait on God. Trust the process. It will be worth the wait!
 
Thanks for reading! :) LIKE COMMENT SHARE 


No comments:

Post a Comment